The Best 5 Inexpensive Sewing Machines
Buying a sewing machine doesn’t have to come down to a choice between quality and affordability. There could be lots of reasons that you don’t want to spend a lot on a sewing machine. Maybe you just signed up for a sewing class and you want something simple and portable to get you started. Maybe the whole idea of sewing is to save money. Whatever your reason, there are some perfectly good sewing machines out there that also come with a reasonable price tag. Below we describe the best 5 inexpensive sewing machines.
(1) Brother XM2701 – Brother is a leading name in sewing machines and this model combines everything you need in an inexpensive machine. The XM2701 comes with 27 unique built-in stitches and it’s easy-to-use. The machine comes with six quick-change sewing feet including buttonhole and button sewing feet, narrow hemmer, zigzag, zipper, and blind stitch. The machine has a built-in needle threader and an LED light for easy visibility of the work area while sewing. It also comes with an instructional DVD. The Brother machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty and free technical support for as long as you own the product. All this is included for under $150.
(2) Janome 3128 – The Janome 3128 is value-priced. It comes with the power and versatility to complete a range of sewing projects without breaking the bank. The 3128 is the ideal machine for crafts and decorative projects with the eight stretch stitches and a 5mm maximum zigzag width. The machine has a maximum stitch length of 4mm and makes 650 spm. The warranty varies with seller and the price is around $150.
(3) Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW – The third machine on the list of inexpensive sewing machines comes with 50 built-in stitches and all the bells and whistles you will need for your sewing projects. The Project Runway machine was designed with making garments in mind. The sewing machine has an LCD display screen where you can adjust the stitch to suit the project. There are five one-step buttonholes that can be custom-sized to the buttons you are using. The machine also comes with six specialty feet. The automatic needle threader is a great time saver. There is also a vertical spool pin that offers more consistent feeding. This feature is typically found on much more expensive machines. The Brother Project Runway comes with a 25-year limited warranty and is a real value at under $120.
(4) Janome 2212 – This machine is an entry-level machine that comes with 12 built-in stitches, easy-to-use four-step buttonholer, zig-zag stitch width and stitch length adjustment. The machine also has a free arm and drop feed for more flexibility in sewing. The machine is lightweight and easy to use. It’s a good choice for taking to sewing classes, for beginners, or as a home sewing machine. The warranty depends on the seller. The selling price is around $189. Look for the Janome 2212 with the exclusive bundle for an even better value.
(5) Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized – Rarely do you have the combination of quality and versatility at such a low price! The Singer 7258 is a computerized sewing machine that comes with an instructional DVD to get you started. This machine has a heavy duty metal frame for more precise sewing and durability. It comes with a 25-year limited warranty and online support.
The 7258 has all the features you need to sew, quilt, and create decorative gifts and household items. The 100 built-in stitches include nine essential stitches, eight stretch stitches, seventy-six decorative stitches, and seven automatic buttonholes. The machine includes an automatic needle threader and adjustable sewing speed. All of these features are included in an easy-to-use machine that costs under $200.
What defines “inexpensive sewing machines” varies from one person to the next. Those listed here are from top brands and have the versatile features and ease-of-use that make them a joy to use. All of these machines are available for under $200 to meet every sewing need and budget.